• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GM2: Print function inside Game Manual

L

LarryP

I sure hope the print function inside the Game Manual of GM2 will be implemented. I used to print lots of pages out in GMS 1.4 to study away from the PC. I would really miss this feature... I'm missing it now! :)

Gradius

The GM2 manual opens in your web browser though, so you can just use its print function instead. Or hit Ctrl + P for the keyboard shortcut.

L

LarryP

I am staying out of my browsers until there is a fix for the issues I am having, so unfortunately I have to use Help inside the IDE. When GM2 is open, Chrome does awful things, it's not worth using it now. Makes it hard to do video tutorials and such while the IDE is open.

I am looking forward to the manual being on this web site too. I use the 1.4 manual here quite often on my second monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Llama_Code

I am staying out of my browsers until there is a fix for the issues I am having, so unfortunately I have to use Help inside the IDE. When GM2 is open, Chrome does awful things, it's not worth using it now. Makes it hard to do video tutorials and such while the IDE is open.

I am looking forward to the manual being on this web site too. I use the 1.4 manual here quite often on my second monitor.
The manual is already online at http://docs2.yoyogames.com

I have not had any issues with Chrome and GMS 2, are you sure you don't have a Chrome extension causing problems?

L

LarryP

I'm really glad you told me this about Chrome, I am going to disable my extensions now and see if that cures the problems. I sure hope so.

I looked at the bottom of yoyo's page and it has the GMS 1.4 manual so I thought it was not online yet. Thanks!!!

Update-1: It was not the extensions and it does it in Firefox too. I have not been able to open a tab outside of the IDE, but I did find out just now that if I minimize the IDE, I can open tabs on my second monitor most of the time. However, it still does some weird things like needing a double click to activate. I updated my video drivers, disabled my anti virus, and more, trying to find what is causing this mess. I am at a loss right now... I am really used to using my second monitor when coding.

Update-2: I uninstalled setpoint.exe from Logitech, and I thought this program might be causing the issues, nope. I also set "Run in Administrator mode." Nope. I uninstalled my tablet and AMD Control Center. Nope. I tried another mouse. Nope.

This is really irritating because if I click outside of GM2 IDE, the mouse cursor jumps back into GM2 and it takes a second click to stay out of it. I can't dock any tabs outside IDE #1 and if I try then it fouls up my Toolbar icons and sometimes worse things happen. I have no other program that does this. I have two versions of VStudio, 2013 and 2015 installed, Unity3d, GMS 1.4, and several imaging programs like PhotoShop installed, and they all are fine. GM2 seems to capture the cursor and does not want to let go. I have had two monitors for many years and never had this issue.

Any ideas anyone, I am lost here for anymore ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It would be great if there were a way to print entire sections of the manual. I searched for this topic, and it appears that in 1.4, the manual was saved as a CHM file locally. That does not seem to be the case with GMS2; instead, it has a zip file with the manual pages saved as individual web pages.