• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GM2 package question

S

SVG

Real quick easy question that I can't find yet.

Does the full version of GM2 come with the $399 mobile package? I currently don't have GM2.

rIKmAN

Real quick easy question that I can't find yet.

Does the full version of GM2 come with the $399 mobile package? I currently don't have GM2.
If you buy the $399 Mobile package, you get the $399 Mobile exports (iOS, Android).
If you buy the $99 Desktop version, you just get the $99 Desktop export (Windows, Mac, Linux)
If you buy the HTML5 version, then you just get the HTML5 export.
If you buy the UWP version, then you just get the UWP export.

All the exports are separate products and need to be purchased individually, but you get access to both the Windows and Mac versions of the IDE and access to local testing.

ie. If you bought the Mobile exports, you could could still run / test your game on Windows or Mac but you cannot compile an exe to run on that platform - for that you would need to purchase the Desktop export.

S

SVG

By IDE you're talking about the GM2 Program correct? So I can just get the $399 package for the mobile exports of course AND that comes with GM2 IDE right?

If so then that's my package for now.

rIKmAN

By IDE you're talking about the GM2 Program correct? So I can just get the $399 package for the mobile exports of course AND that comes with GM2 IDE right?

If so then that's my package for now.
The IDE (what you are calling the "GMS Program") is the same no matter which version you buy - buying the different export licences just allows you to export to that target.

Purchase of licences are linked to your YYG account, which you use to login to the IDE.
Once logged in, whatever export licences you are entitled will appear as an option in the export settings.

You can also buy through either Steam or the YYG website and you will have access to both versions (Steam & Standalone).
Just link your Steam account in your YYG account settings.

So yes, if you just buy the "Mobile" pack, then you will get the IDE (for Mac and PC), the ability to test / run your games on your local machine, and the ability to properly "export" your games to iOS and Android.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: SVG