• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GM2 Master Collection

stigmund77

I'm Look at purchasing game maker 2 however before i purchase i was wondering if YoYo was planning on releasing a master collection similar to game maker studio? If so do they have any idea of when this package would be released and if it would be effected by the current upgrade discounts?

A

Aura

GMS 2 won't come in versions that 1.x comes in, there would be nothing like Professional and Master Colection. It would be sold as five different versions.

• Desktop
  • Web
  • UWP
  • Mobile
  • Console

Existing MC users would get a discount on all of these products. Everybody else would have to buy those seperately, since YoYo have not stated that they are going to bundle these as single product and given how versions now work, it's very unlikely to happen.

gnysek

I think that if your game is good enough, to release it on all platforms, then you have enough money to pay for every exporter instead to get a cheaper bundle of them. Having exporters "just in case, maybe in future..." isn't a best idea, and in 90% it's just a waste of money.

csanyk

The only thing that Master Collection gave us that purchase all build targets didn't was assurance that any future paid features would be available to people who had shelled out for MC, without having to spend any additional $$$. For me, that was worth it, even though I never used Mac OS, iOS, Android, Tizen, etc.. I bought into MC when it was still only $599, and benefitted by being entitled to all the additional paid features YYG released over the next several years. When YYC came out, I didn't have to pay for it, and I would have been angry if I had to.

For GMS2, I'm only intending to purchase Desktop and HTML5, and am unlikely to ever buy Mobile, UWP, or Console build targets, unless I end up working on a commercial project that will pay for it. But if there was a Master Collection option that assured me that I could get everything else that YYG might release at a later date, and it was priced at a bundle discount relative to purchasing all modules individually, I'd likely buy it.

But I do like, under the current pricing model, being able to upgrade to GMS2 Desktop + HTML5 for only $125.

(Why you gotta charge so much for HTML5 tho?)