• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General GM2 Licensing differences?

D

Digital256

Hello Team,

Quick question on the difference between the below GM2 licencing levels:

1) UWP GM2 licence - 399.00 permanent
"GameMaker Studio 2 UWP lets you create games for Windows and Xbox One. Get unlimited access to all features and resources then release your games to stores such as the Microsoft Store and Xbox One Store."​

2) XBox 1 console licence - 799.00 - 12 month
"GameMaker Studio 2 Xbox One lets you create console games for Microsoft’s Xbox One. For the duration of the licence get unlimited access to all features and resources then release your games to the Xbox One Store."​

Both seem to enable publishing to the UWP marketplace & to the XB1 but i see any other real difference beyond the price and timing scope.

Thank you.

D

Digital256

Popping this up as I would like to upgrade from my Desktop Dev license and am curious on the above. Already hit a 'gotcha' by not understanding the basic (Desktop Dev) offering enabled publishing only to a windows 'desktop' not the win marketplace. Seems a distinction that should be called out better.... Do not want to hit another (gotcha) thinking i am/will be enabled to publish to the xb ecosystem at the (UWP - 399.00$ level) vs, a special pump as vaguely indicated.

Let me know if this is an inappropriate place to post this query.

Thank you.