• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GM2 IDE closes itself immediately after launch.

Y

Y4nush

Just like the title says. After clicking on icon on desktop (or button on Steam), the IDE launches and stays on login screen for about 5-8 seconds, after that it just closes, without crashing. I've got Windows 7 64bit (installed just few days ago), and the issue occurs both on Steam and non-Steam version. Also i can't seem to find log files, as any GameMaker folders I've got on my computer (only 1) are empty (this is a case for non-Steam version).

What I've already tried:
  • Reinstalling/veryfing game cache/rebooting system
  • Spamming mouseclicks on IDE after it launched, both on empty space, and on some buttons (apparently one of the users reccomended this solution to similar problem)
  • Launching GM2 offline
  • Disabling/enabling firewall and Windows Defender
  • edit: I've also tried launching .yyz file using GM2, with no results, login screen - then closes.
  • edit: Updated .NET Framework
  • edit: Tried copying entire Steam GameMaker 2 folder from another computer, and lauching it from mine
Some things to note:
  • I haven't launched GM2 on this machine before
  • This system is fairly new, installed on this machine yesterday
  • I have only one drive/disc, no partitions etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Y4nush

Update: When clicked the register button. it redirects me correctly to registration page. However if login button is pressed (with blank fields) it says it cannot reach YoYo Games or something like that.

E

Eagle

In Appdata there is a "trace" file there is an error of your start

Y

Y4nush

Sorry - can't understand!
Edit: Oh, you edited it, will look into that.

Y

Y4nush

Edit: Alright, found the log file, but it's too vast to paste it's entire content here.

Hyomoto

Someone I know had a similar story and the answer was their windows was out of date in some critical fashion for GM. I don't know what update they needed specifically, but after bringing Windows up-to-date they were able to use it normally.

Y

Y4nush

Actually, this is what might have happened.Windows started updating itself overnight, and the next day GM2 was working.