• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GM2 destroys browser tabs and more!

L

LarryP

I've been doing the tutorial videos by Shaun in Chrome, and going back and forth from GM2 to Chrome is a nightmare. It takes two mouse clicks in the browser after pausing it, to make it start again, and after the first click, the cursor jumps back into GM2. Then I have to put it back into Chrome and do the second click to restart the video. Many times it destroys all my saved tabs, and even will open a new instance of Chrome with detached tabs from the first instance. Many times it will reverse the video to the start! Just a frigging mess.

Viewing the help in a browser is the same, a mess. I like to use an external app for viewing help so that I can follow along in the long pages while I work at the same time. Of course I have two monitors. Using Chrome is dreaded because of all the issues right now, and the help inside the app lets me only view one thing at a time. I also cannot drag the help tab to my second monitor as that loses the tab for some time, until I manage to get it back inside the app. It clearly requires a browser and is not a stand alone help viewer like before. I miss that.

Using a browser for anything at the same time also causes the icons in my toolbar (Windows 7) to move around all over. Non have been deleted yet like the browser tabs so that is a good thing. :)

I sure hope these issues get resolved soon, as I really like this new version GM2. Coming back from Unity3d to try this new version of Gamemaker has been enjoyable. I think it's headed in a good direction, especially the option to convert DnD to code, and I like the workspace configuration the more I use it. Even Unity3d does not have anything like that (the DnD conversion). Neither does Unreal4.

L

LarryP

I would be glad to. I looked for a link but did not find one. Sorry for my ignorance but could you give me the link to post at? Thanks!