• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GM2 crashes on startup.

S

Shinsoo

upload_2016-12-30_9-30-7.png

The older version of GM2 worked when I tried it. When I updated GM2 refused to start up.

This happens every time. Disabled anti virus and firewall. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Copied a suggested dll to the folder. Run as Admin. Even changed default internet browser

It always stops at installing runtime. Does anyone know to fix this or how to manually get the runtime? Had this problem for days now.

S

Shinsoo

Make sure Windows is completely updated? Have you had this issue installing other software?
No issue installing other softwares including gm 1.4 or any other new or game dev software. I can check for updates now to be safe @ windows

S

Shinsoo

What does the log file say? Should report the crash....
Thanks, I just submitted a report. Was hoping it was something small but I saw one or two other people have similar issues. I will update when the problem is found / got an answer