GM2 - Cannot compile to ANDROID when IAP Extensions are imported

DJT

Member
Hi All
I have an Android game that is ready for release once I sort out IAP. Please note that until the IAP bit - eveything worked perfectly on actual Android devices and emulators.

So according to all the instructions I could find, I imported GooglePlayServicesExtension, GooglePlayServicesIAPExtension, and
GooglePlayLicensingAsExt. I have ENABLED GOOGLE SERVICES in SOCIAL, I've added my Google Services ID, I've got all the libraries specified by the help docs via Android Studio.

So - no matter what I do, my build always fails with the following. If I REMOVE the extensions, it compiles normally and runs. I can upload the APK to Android Store (DEV environment) and its fine - but it has no BILLING of course.
All I want to do is simply add IAP to my game, but it's proving ridiculously hard due to lack of accurate and comprehensive documentation. Does anyone PLEASE have a suggestion before I rip the rest of my hair out.... Thank you in advance.
ps - there are no ADS at all in my app, I dont need or want ads , and I assume the config issues are not related to ads - all I need is IAP to purchase coins etc.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.xxx'.
> Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar (com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks-license:11.8.0).
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/goo...11.8.0/play-services-tasks-license-11.8.0.aar
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
BUILD FAILED
Total time: 4.706 secs
 
Top