• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GM studio crashes first time installed

T

thegreyfellow

When i first time installed GM: Studio to upgrade to pro from humble bundle offre after installation GM player works perfect but whene i try to start GM Studio the update windows opens up already buggy and doesn't show anything at all !!
Then it crashes after a while when I go to appdata/local/gamemakerstudio I found the following Trace log:

Code:
------------ GameMaker-Studio 1.4.1757.41000 --------------
Not running from the ApplicationData directory
Creating appDataDir=C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio
Checking the install receipt
receipt has 1 elements
receipt element C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip
found upgrade file C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip
Unzipping file - C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip
extracting "C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip" to "C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\Upgrade"
############## Unhandled Exception! ##################
System.ArgumentException: 1 is not a supported code page.
Parameter name: codepage
at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32 codepage)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToString(Byte[] data, Int32 count)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToStringExt(Int32 flags, Byte[] data)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipInputStream.GetNextEntry()
at Updater.SparkleUpdate.HandleUpgradeZip(String upgradeGameDir, Downloading updating, String f, Int64 totalLength, Int64 startOffset)
at Updater.SparkleUpdate.HandleUpgrade(String sourceDir, String upgradeZipGameDir, String upgradeGameDir, Downloading updating)
at Updater.SparkleUpdate.Create()
at Updater.Program.Main()
I think the problem is when it tries to extract the upgrade zip file it crashes, so I tried to unzipp it on my own but it was password protected so please give me an answer to this because its not a PC problem I think.

PS: I followed with this an image showing what happends whene I try to start the GM Studio it instantly shows this.

Attachments

M

Moon

When i first time installed GM: Studio to upgrade to pro from humble bundle offre after installation GM player works perfect but whene i try to start GM Studio the update windows opens up already buggy and doesn't show anything at all !!
Then it crashes after a while when I go to appdata/local/gamemakerstudio I found the following Trace log:

Code:
------------ GameMaker-Studio 1.4.1757.41000 --------------
Not running from the ApplicationData directory
Creating appDataDir=C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio
Checking the install receipt
receipt has 1 elements
receipt element C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip
found upgrade file C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip
Unzipping file - C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip
extracting "C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\UpgradeZip\Original-1.4.1757.zip" to "C:\Users\Grey\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\Upgrade"
############## Unhandled Exception! ##################
System.ArgumentException: 1 is not a supported code page.
Parameter name: codepage
at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32 codepage)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToString(Byte[] data, Int32 count)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToStringExt(Int32 flags, Byte[] data)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipInputStream.GetNextEntry()
at Updater.SparkleUpdate.HandleUpgradeZip(String upgradeGameDir, Downloading updating, String f, Int64 totalLength, Int64 startOffset)
at Updater.SparkleUpdate.HandleUpgrade(String sourceDir, String upgradeZipGameDir, String upgradeGameDir, Downloading updating)
at Updater.SparkleUpdate.Create()
at Updater.Program.Main()
I think the problem is when it tries to extract the upgrade zip file it crashes, so I tried to unzipp it on my own but it was password protected so please give me an answer to this because its not a PC problem I think.

PS: I followed with this an image showing what happends whene I try to start the GM Studio it instantly shows this.
Hey I also have a similar problem in that it starts to download the pro version and then crashes randomly. So I can't open GM:S at all because it keeps trying to download. Did you manage to fix it?

T

thegreyfellow

Hey I also have a similar problem in that it starts to download the pro version and then crashes randomly. So I can't open GM:S at all because it keeps trying to download. Did you manage to fix it?
Hi, so I contacted yoyogames help center before positing here ofcourse ther answer took its time but it arrived yesterday and it was a quick and easy fix for my issue, here it is:

Hello,

Googling the error message, I notice that a lot of these errors are present due to language settings. Can you change the regional settings to be English to see if that helps?
I hope this works for everyone with the same problem :)

Last edited by a moderator: