• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GM Studio 2 Debugger :((

MaxLos

Hihi,

I finally decided to give Studio 2 a try since they removed the resource cap and replaced it with a 30 day trial awhile ago and a lot of good content has been made for it. All has been well.. until I made the mistake of trying to use the debugger. Is there a way to just type in an expression somewhere and it'll track it in real time like the old debugger did? It was so simple yet.. so effective. I know the current one is supposed to be more 'powerful' and have a lot more features like breakpoints, stepping in/out code, and all that jazz but my games have never been so broken where I needed any of that.. I had a nice thing going where in all of my games I would just have a key for restarting the game and another for lowering the room speed to 1 and that would be enough to debug 99% of my problems. I know I can just draw whatever I want to track in the GUI layer but I don't like having my screen cluttered with 9 mil variables and its a chore to have to constantly add/remove variables to track in a debugger object whereas in the old debugger if I didn't want to see them anymore I simply wouldn't run the game in debug mode.

Again, just want to know if there's a way to do this in the current debugger and I just missed it or if there's an asset to do this? Sorry if this has already been asked

Nidoking

There is a Watch list in the Variables tab, but it only updates while the debugger is paused. Unfortunately, you'll have to pause the game or use a breakpoint and step through to see how the value changes.