• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GM Studio 1.4 - Executable Installer Missing Images (Header and Finished Image)

HoodMegumin

Hi, I made some pictures for the installer, but I'm not sure why they don't show up where I think they're supposed to appear in the installer (question marks in pictures). The images are the correct dimensions and in the .BMP format, as they would, of course, not be accepted if they didn't meet these requirements.

Did I forget to enable something? Does this not work on Windows 10? Or is something wrong with my computer (I haven't tested this on other computers)?

Thanks,
HoodMegumin

InstallerSettingsWindows.pngMissingFinishedPicture.pngMissingHeader.png

renex

i never really got the studio installer to do things right for me so i would just keep a copy of winrar around and use it to make sfx installers. seems like thats still a thing 6 years later.

take a look at the nsi script and see if you spot any problems though.

Hi, I made some pictures for the installer, but I'm not sure why they don't show up where I think they're supposed to appear in the installer (question marks in pictures). The images are the correct dimensions and in the .BMP format, as they would, of course, not be accepted if they didn't meet these requirements.

Did I forget to enable something? Does this not work on Windows 10? Or is something wrong with my computer (I haven't tested this on other computers)?

Thanks,
HoodMegumin

View attachment 39755View attachment 39756View attachment 39757
Did you find a solution to the issue? I'm currently dealing with the same issue at the moment. I even saved the (HEADER & FINISHED) Images format to 24BIT BMP & 256BIT BMP (Via MS Paint) but the installer graphics are still blank.