• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GM stuck on "building..."!

J

JamesC01

I've had this probably for a while now, at least everyday, gamemaker just stops compiling projects, and gets stuck on "building...". The output says it's saving the project. I have no problem ctrl+s saving, but when I run the game, it gets stuck. I've tried reinstalling the runtime, clearing the cache in the roaming folder, logging out. Nothing. The only thing that fixes it is a restart of my machine, which is really annoying to do. This used to happen when there was a new update, but I'm running the latest runtime. Once it happens, I can't use any runtime to compile the game.

What are your machine specs and OS? How much free space do you have on your drives?

What version of GMS 2 IDE/Runtime are you using?

Where are you saving your project - in an online drive (OneDrive/DropBox etc...) or external drive?

What does the compiler output log say?

What does the ui.log file say?

Are you running anti-virus software, if so, what kind?

J

JamesC01

What are your machine specs and OS? How much free space do you have on your drives?

What version of GMS 2 IDE/Runtime are you using?

Where are you saving your project - in an online drive (OneDrive/DropBox etc...) or external drive?

What does the compiler output log say?

What does the ui.log file say?

Are you running anti-virus software, if so, what kind?
I'm actually not having the problem anymore. Someone elsewhere mentioned that gm had trouble with skype installed, so I quit the background task, and also quit a few other background tasks, f.lux and splice. I launched it, and it works fine. I have a feeling it might have been coincidence, though. Because the person mentioned the problems with skype were on 1.4.
I'm using the latest version on gms2 and the runtime, I'm saving my projects in the default location, in documents, on the main drive. But I suppose the both log files have been overwritten, since I've been using gm since then. Also, I have windows defender and malware bytes.