• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GM:S reminds me of the good old days of SEUCK

S

Sudo_Radish

I mean yeah, it is light years ahead of anything that we could do in SEUCK. But the overall way it works reminds me of those days. From sprite editor to code editor.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I've never heard about it, but the name implies self-deprecative humor... which is a good sign :p

IMO GMS is the perfect balance between power and userfriendliness... just the right properties to make it useful for more or less everyone. And in particular, it's fast to work in. I know several people who use or have tried both GM and Unity and complain about how much boilerplate stuff they have to do in Unity to do anything.

A

Aura

For a whole day, I assumed that this topic was rant of another person going mad at the built-in editors until I happened to realise what SEUCK actually is. ^^"

Either way, I have personally never used or even heard about it. I'm too young to have used something that was released in 1987. Besides, GM is the only engine that I have ever used.

S

Sudo_Radish

You make me nostalgic, man. Did you know that somebody actually created a "remake" of S.E.U.C.K?
I've never tried it, but it's here if you're interested: http://seuck.glbasic.com/
I never know someone had remade it. I will have to check that out and see how it compares.

I have the image files from the original version on my computer. sometimes I like to boot up the c64 emulator and work on some stuff.

For a whole day, I assumed that this topic was rant of another person going mad at the built-in editors until I happened to realise what SEUCK actually is. ^^"

Either way, I have personally never used or even heard about it. I'm too young to have used something that was released in 1987. Besides, GM is the only engine that I have ever used.
Lol. Yeah maybe I should have been a little more specific about the software.