• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GM:S PRO to Steam GM:S PRO?

S

Sven2157

I have GameMaker: Studio Professional with: Android Export, HTML5 Export, iOS Export, Windows UWP..

Is there a way to convert my key for the version from the YoYoGames.com website into the Steam version? Do I even need to do this, to achieve the same result: publish to Steam WorkShop? Or can I somehow get the ability to output to Steam WorkShop?

Thanks

- Sven2157

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Is there a way to convert my key for the version from the YoYoGames.com website into the Steam version?
If you press "Recover" on the bottom of account page, you'll be [re-]emailed your keys along with Steam equivalents for them. This does not invalidate non-Steam keys so you can use both.
Do I even need to do this, to achieve the same result: publish to Steam WorkShop?
The free version of GameMaker: Studio on Steam is sufficient for that. Steam workshop is a Steam-exclusive target as uploads go through Steam API (not to be confused with Steam Greenlight, by the way).

S

Sven2157

Thank you for the swift, and detailed response. :cool:

*** EDIT ***
Man that worked like a charm! Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: