• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GM:S Is Creating Oversized Executables

C

CMANsurvives

Hello, I'm Caleb.
I have been using GameMaker: Studio for the past couple years and have made a game out of it that I'm quite proud of. However, when I tried to create an executable for the game today, something I've never seen before happened.
Even though I've created executables for my game before, they were only 12 megabytes in size. For some reason, today the creation was 126 megabytes in size. I tried again and again, and then I tried creating a .zip version, which is usually more reliable, but that was also a very large zip file. I restarted GameMaker, restarted my computer, etc., but nothing has worked. The culprit seems to be data.win. It is the biggest file out of the bunch, and it is much more oversized than ever.
If anyone could provide me with answers or support, then I would be truly greatful.
Sincerely,
Caleb

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Chances are that you inadvertently added a large file to the project.

Create an empty project with just a single room in it and build an executable with it. How big is it?

C

CMANsurvives

Chances are that you inadvertently added a large file to the project.

Create an empty project with just a single room in it and build an executable with it. How big is it?
Your suggestion got me searching through my game, and I found the problem. I had accidentally converted my music files to WAV's instead of their original OGG's, and that had created large files inside my project. Thanks for the help!