• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GM:S 2 can change language?

K

kisa002

I saw loading english.csv

So I was try change english.csv -> my language and restart GM:S 2, but didn't work...

GM:S 2 can change other language?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
We will be translating it and allowing you to swap languages. This is currently disabled as the (test) translations we have are all just Google Translate, and as you can image...are a bit pooh. We will be getting proper translations soon.

You can do your own I guess...if you really wanted to, the file isn't massive - but you'd have to keep a backup away from the installation folder, and you'd have to DIFF it to see what new ones you have to do each release. The format is pretty simple

"ID" , "English version", "IDE translated text", "Restrictions", "Comment"

All you need to do is copy and rename the English one, then put translated text into the "IDE translated text" bit. The first line of the file has the above descriptors.
The restrictions will let you know if there are things like character restrictions and so on, while the comment might help where and how it's used.

Currently there are 3880 lines of text to translate, and you could - in theory just slowly work your way through. But I stress again, if you do, keep a copy OUTSIDE the IDE installation folder - it'll get wiped on an update.

We have designed GMS2 to be fully translatable, and it can switch on the fly, but until we have another properly translated language, we probably won't enable the option.
(unless the community start to do translations, at which point we'll enable it anyway)