(GM 8.1) Big sprite stretching for no apparent reason

S

Spongyoshi

Hello everyone, once again I am presented with a weird problem with my project.
I have a somewhat large sprite (6507x698) to represent a race-track.
But when I test it, the sprite's right side stretches horizontally until it reaches 6507 of width.
This is so weird because the left side is fine, just the right side is broken like that..
I tried putting image_xscale = 1 as a step event but it didn't change anything, do you have any idea of what could be the cause and how I can repair it? It would be very appreciated!
Also, It might be not the right place to post it but I didn't find a more fitting place in this forum for it so I'm apologizing in advance!

TheouAegis

It could be GM8.1 still uses texture page limitations even though you don't actually have texture pages in it. if you're just drawing the sprite, you are probably at the end of the texture page and so it's stretching out everything beyond the limits of that texture page to the full width of the sprite. Break your Sprite up into multiple images that are 1024pixels wide.

S

Spongyoshi

Here is the screenshot:
upload_2019-1-8_14-38-12.png
You can see here at the left side where the big sprite starts to stretch out, first time happening to me so it was concerning!

And thanks TheouAegis, that's a good idea! I'll try that out right now and I'll update this post if it works or not!

S

Spongyoshi

So yeah, sorry for making you guys wait so much but yeah your idea worked! It wasn't that complicated after all but thanks for your explanation and solution!
And sorry if it was kinda simple but I couldn't figure it out on my own for some reason ^^'