• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GM 2 Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptune

So, currently I own GM: Studios Pro, and the Android Module.

I just bought GM 2... cause it looks awesome -- however I'm afraid I will have to purchase the Android module again for GM2?
That does not seem right to me.

Anyone have any information?

Llama_Code

Yes, you have to repurchase the modules when they are released, because the 2.0 modules are different from the 1.4 modules. The 1.4 modules are not compatible with 2 because of the changes. You will still have access to those modules on 1.4 however.

L

Lion Wrecker

Yes, you have to repurchase the modules when they are released, because the 2.0 modules are different from the 1.4 modules. The 1.4 modules are not compatible with 2 because of the changes. You will still have access to those modules on 1.4 however.
That's a bummer

F

Falconsoft-Industries

I wouldn't buy it until all bugs are fixed, but hey that's just me

I wouldn't buy it until all bugs are fixed, but hey that's just me
^^ Good luck there, NO software is EVER bug free, but it definitely could be better, but it IS still in beta. :D

Also, you should get a discount on the modules you own in GMS1 when you purchase them for GMS2, sucks I know, but better than full price and at least it's not subscription based....

T

tehguy

^^ Good luck there, NO software is EVER bug free, but it definitely could be better, but it IS still in beta. :D

Also, you should get a discount on the modules you own in GMS1 when you purchase them for GMS2, sucks I know, but better than full price and at least it's not subscription based....
Unless you're able to find GMS 1 and/or the modules for cheap, you'd probably save more just getting GMS 2 and the modules as they came out

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Modules you own for GMS 1.x will get you 50% off the equivalent GMS 2 modules.
I know, it's kind of crappy to have to buy them again, but the old GMS 1.x ones still work.
The YoYos need to make money some how, lol.

Posh Indie

That Guy
Not sure how many times this is going to need to be repeated before the new year, but of course you need to repurchase the exports. Everything is getting performance improvements and it was stated that the new exports will have features that the old did not have. YoYo Games would not last as a company if they gave everything away for free for the rest of a purchaser's life and then where would we all be? With software in a state of disarray when YoYo Games goes bankrupt (This helps nobody).

Let's be honest here. If you dream of going independent and making millions of dollars you only really need the desktop exports, which YoYo Games is selling for $59.99 as a standard upgrade price. That is ridiculously low.

We scratch their backs, they scratch ours. There is mutual benefit here, and the fact that we get discounts on everything is very generous.

Modules you own for GMS 1.x will get you 50% off the equivalent GMS 2 modules.
I know, it's kind of crappy to have to buy them again, but the old GMS 1.x ones still work.
The YoYos need to make money some how, lol.
50% is for Master Collection owners. 40% for individual export owners.

I think YoYo Games should run a poll to see how many people on these forums own modern smartphones. A lot of complaints about buying software that can get you paid for as low as $59.99 (I go with the 40% route because I do not know how many Master Collection owners would be complaining about price), but $850 smartphones are completely fine.

Last edited:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Okay, this has been answered to death.

Yes, you do. The modules are different and 1.x modules are not compatible, but as has been said, you currently get a substantial discount if you upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.