• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GM 1.4 license removed?

R

Ray2341341351435

Hi all,

I use Gm 1.4 on Windows 10 and have been doing so for some time, there was some update to GM today which I installed, and since doing so, I am unable to run the game, in regular or debug mode. A window appears entitled 'Purchase module' with a message saying 'Navigation to webpage failed'.

There is also a message at the bottom of the window saying 'if you think you already have this module, press license now' etc. Clicking 'License now' and logging in brings the error message 'you do not have any GameMaker 1.x licenses attached to your account'.

A similar thing happens when I try to recover my license via my online account. I've come to understand that GM 1.4 is no longer available for download, but for users that already had it, it should be available?

Is this a bug or can anyone shed some light on the situation?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
If you had it purchased, it should still be tied to your account. Check if the email is correct and that you did not by a chance use a different email. If that does not help, send a message to support.

R

Ray2341341351435

Thanks for the reply. I had the free version of GM Studio 1.4, should this still be attached to my account?

B

BrandonCrasher

MOD EDIT: Merged with this topic, so that all the discussion about this issue can be kept in one place.

Okay, so I downloaded GameMaker Studio 1.4, the free version, but a recent update made it so that I cannot even create a new game, or test previously made games! I'm VERY upset because I would LOVE to use it and I have been using it for a while. I think it's unfair that us who downloaded it when it was free can no longer use it. I'll save up my money for the $100 version, but it's super unfair that I made games for a long time, but when I go to make a game just to play by myself, I can't do it. Please, GameMaker devs, I know I won't be able to release games to the public, even for free, but I would at least like an explanation for why I cannot even create a game to play on my own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
If you had registered for a Standard license for your copy of GM:S, then the said license should be attached to your YoYo Account. If it's not, your best bet is to contact the support team (like suggested above). If you were using the free version without a registered license, you're sadly out of luck, since you can no longer register for a new one.

EDIT: Looks like you're not alone facing the issue. It's definitely not the documented behaviour, so please contact the support team and let them hear about the issue.