• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Global Particle Systems.

A

Argonaut14

I'm having a headache with getting global particle systems to work on some things.

Basically my question is this; if an object requires a particle system, and both the controller (holding the global.particle_sys) and the object (triggering the burst) are in the room at creation, does the object fail to recognise the global.particle_sys defined in the controller object?

I have a pickup that requires a sparkly effect, and each upgrade having it's own identical copy of the system was simply wasteful and time consuming. I am trying to get a controller object to define the particle system + particle speed/colour/alpha etc and only have the upgrade object trigger the emitter when required.

Problem is the object keeps spewing out the error "particle system not defined before referencing it" or something like that, even though they are both in the room at creation. Any help please?

A

Argonaut14

DW figured it out. Moved my object defining the particle system to the boot-room. *facedesk*