• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Glitchyness

F

fawhxldawg

Anyone else experiencing general glitchiness?

300~ hours logged so far with this program and I'm getting tired of random problems with this software, Click and Drag navigation in the workspace window doesn't work sometimes, sometimes when you try to browse for a file the whole window locks up and no file explorer window pops up, image editor functions are clunky, nonsensical controls just to replace unwanted colors with transparency too, practically no GLSL support within the editor, ambiguous documentation, and sometimes when the program freezes killing it with task manager doesn't even help with relaunching it through steam, I mean that's just steam but still.

And you aren't even allowed to program offline because you have to log in.

Seems like a money grab. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm getting frustrated with half-assed products. Does no one take pride in what they make anymore? Launch problems? Intentional job security? Contracted garbage?

I don't know, I don't get it. Solutions appreciated.

Otherwise, I'll say it still is a great program.

Edit: I'm just a grumpy 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩, Honestly the program is wonderful, and it is new, there are to be issues, I understand that. I just get frustrated after a long day that isn't mended by smooth operating conditions on the home front. I look forward to future updates and wish the development team best of luck and I apologize for my transgressions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
ambiguous documentation,
I can't comment on the rest of your post, but since I wrote the documentation I think I feel qualified to talk about this point... Could you be more specific about what you found ambiguous? I really strive to make the docs as accessible and clear as possible, so if I've failed somewhere it'd be good to know so I can consider changes.

Oh, and for everything else, you should file bugs about the things you've found... :)

rIKmAN

I can't comment on the rest of your post, but since I wrote the documentation I think I feel qualified to talk about this point... Could you be more specific about what you found ambiguous? I really strive to make the docs as accessible and clear as possible, so if I've failed somewhere it'd be good to know so I can consider changes.
I'll just leave this and this here... ;)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hmmm... Draw set alpha should affect sprites iirc... this could be a bug. Need to check. Cheers. :)