• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

glitching??

N

nessabby1

Noticing the game pauses for like 1 short sec then continues like as if its a glitch. whats causing that. its like the alarm stops for 1 little short second n then continues to make that glitching effect. why

H

Heat4Life

It's just 1 short second... It's obviously your computer I believe Lol

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Does it run a lot of code, create a lot of instances or something like that?

R

renex

Check if an instance has zero scale. That causes an infinite loop on precise collisions or something like that iirc.

RangerX

Since when you get that hiccup?
What did you add in the game since?
Because if you really can't tell, you can double your project and then remove what you added 1 by 1 until the hiccup is gone.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Check if an instance has zero scale. That causes an infinite loop on precise collisions or something like that iirc.
The OP has problems with finite loops that cause temporary freezes, so this can't be the cause.

TheouAegis

Most people think tile_layer_find and instance_deactivate_object don't constitute a lot of code because they only take up 1 line in the editor. So maybe he was interpreting your question as a huge-ass chunk of code rather than a couple lines of slow-AF functions.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Guys, stop asking questions, just fix it. GOD.
Okay, okay. There's only one way we can say works with certainty given the information presently available: get faster hardware.

Also, you're now on my ignore list for eschewing trying to provide accurate advice. Feel free to waste your time promoting plug-and-play solutions and stop people from learning critical thinking, but you're not gonna waste my time with it.

A

AnimusRex

Okay, okay. There's only one way we can say works with certainty given the information presently available: get faster hardware.

Also, you're now on my ignore list for eschewing trying to provide accurate advice. Feel free to waste your time promoting plug-and-play solutions and stop people from learning critical thinking, but you're not gonna waste my time with it.
plis no was jokes

TheouAegis

All joking aside, nobody can help you until you show what's your code. What you describe is either a crappy computer or you are using high intensity functions incorrectly.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
A crappy computer - from my experiences with my old Windows XP machine that I stopped using only very recently - would be more likely to have a constantly lowered framerate rather than have sudden spikes of lag, especially if nothing 'eventful' happens. So even that suggests there are actually bursts of too much stuff happening with set intervals.