• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Glitched-looking sprite after deleting associated tileset.

Dsharp

Step 1) Assign a sprite to a tileset. Disable export is selected.
Step 2) Delete that tileset
Step 3) Use that sprite in a room. It can be attached to any object.

The sprite looks glitched now, like a black/white checkerboard pattern - but only when running the game. The sprite in the room editor window looks fine, it looks fine in the sprite editor and everywhere else it appears - but in the actual game it's totally screwed up.

I can provide pics if needed, although there's really not much to see. I'm hoping this is a common problem I just somehow couldn't find the right search terms for.

pixeltroid

this happened to me once too. I resolved it by opening the sprite editor and pasting the sprite again from a back up. It worked for me on GMS 1.4 though.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Have you cleared the compiler cache? It's the "broom" button at the top of the IDE. Most odd issues like this are related to a stale cache, and it should always be the first thing you do when you get something weird that isn't working how it should.