L

LaughingCow

Every time I launch the game i get this message
Object: o_timmbuk2 Event: Create at line 1 : invalid token
I dont even have anything in my create event for this object

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Check your game's code for foreign characters. Specific ones may cause issues with the compiler.

This also applies for any part of file paths used by your game, including the project path.

Another possibility is that you used an invalid character like a single quote instead of a double quote in GM:S 2.

When the reported occurrence of an error doesn't match its actual location, I found that it is often located in a room creation or instance creation code. Overflows from the end of one event to the start of another have also happened before.

M

mdbussen

Every time I launch the game i get this message
Object: o_timmbuk2 Event: Create at line 1 : invalid token
I dont even have anything in my create event for this object
Did you figure this out yet? I am having the same problem at the moment and its extremely strange so if you were able to report on the root cause of your problem, it might help me debug mine...

for my situation, the GMS2 compiler was complaining about an "invalid token" on the first line of the create event. I only had a single function call that appeared to be correct (it was even "highlighted" in the correct color in the GMS2 code editor). Nevertheless, when I deleted the contents of this event and re-wrote it, it now compiles and works correctly.

Very strange; it seems like there must have been some kind of hidden character that was fouling this up, though I have no idea how it might have gotten in there. Regardless, this seemed to fix the issue for me, so if anybody else has a similar problem try deleting the line and re-typing it.

L

Linkdeous

just delete the create event and recode it, work 99% of the time i got this