Givin´ the instance another hsv (SOLVED!)

Hi Folks,

a little queston:

I have certain levels in night ambience.
Therefor I changed my player-instance`s hsv in that level, manually.
But naturally, if my player gets assgrabbed by enemies or harmful objects,
the k.o.-animation and the reanimated player idle don´t keep the manually
modified hsv. Now I want to set the values of the hsv within a if room_exists(LV05{
...everytime, when my player goes wreck or revives - in the same hue as he started
at night. I think, there are simple ways to implement, without using shaders.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Archie.
:)

Make a global variable (or a variable inside your controller object). Store the default player HSV in that (something like global.player_hsv = make_colour_hsv(?,?,?) ). When you draw your player, instead of using make_color_hsv, you simply assign the colour to the global variable ( draw_sprite_ext(player_sprite,image_index,x,y,image_xscale,image_yscale,image_angle,global.player_hsv,image_alpha) ). Then whenever you want the hsv changed, you change the global variable. This way, the players HSV settings are always saved and will be automatically drawn using that saved variable.

Hi.

I`ve figured out, how an object can be situatevely tinted into a certain tone:

I simply created a script with if-statements... for example:

// nightfall
if (room = LV05) || (room = LV19) || (room = LV27){ // add further nighttime levels or scenes inside a non-illuminated cave
image_blend = make_color_rgb(89,142,178);}

// sunset
if (room = LV09){
image_blend = make_color_rgb(0,0,0);}

// under water
if place_meeting(x,y,oWater){ // turns into blueish tone, everytime, when the player gets in contact with the water object
image_blend = make_color_rgb(20,120
,255);}

I named that script "scr_color" and I added scr_color(); into concerning objects (action)

That`s it!

Thank you @woods and @RefresherTowel for your help.
With your hints I came to the path of that kinda solution.

Best wishes,
Archie.

Last edited: