• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GIT log files

O

Oliver Marshall

Hi all

Is there a log file for the source control feature? I've set it up, and I am submitting changes, but the log window shows nothing. The files never appear in the repo.

In the source control log tab I see:

Source Control Output will go here. If you have not turned on Source Control, you can find it in Main Options.
Commit:

That's it. Nothing else. No errors, no issue with URLs, nothing. I've checked the credentials with another GIT client and it works fine.

Any ideas? Any logs I can view?

Olly

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You could check the ui.log ile for GMS2 which you can find in the &programdata%/GameMakerStudio2 folder. That contains logging information about the IDE so it might contain extra information on what's not working for you.