• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Git Diff & Mergetool - Jetbrains IDEA Support (IntelliJ)

D

DarklinkFighter

Hi,

I tried to setup an External Diff & Mergetool in GMS2 (in my case Jetbrains IDEA IntelliJ) because I love the usabillity and look of it.
At first I struggled a bit and had to use the GMS2 Documentation to find out how the File Variable names are.
This could be improved by displaying the available variables directly in the Git Plugin Settings Dialogue.

But even after I placed the correct Variables it wasn't working...
I thought I messed something up with the Variable names (as the Documentation contains spelling Errors as well - for example ${scm_thers} instead of ${scm_theirs}) but I had the correct ones after double checking.

The solution was to place all the File Variables inside quotes...
So with that it works just fine:

settings.png

diff_example.png

Best regards,
DarklinkFighter

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll see that the docs get a look over and a clean up to fix these (and any other) issues with those sections. Could I also request that future reports like this get filed through the helpdesk? You can go to the Help menu in the GMS2 IDE and select File A Bug to open a helpdesk ticket. Makes it easier to track all issues, even minor ones like typos. :)