• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Git Configuration in GMS2

T

tfunk

Hi I'm trying to configure the Git Source Control integration in GameMaker Studio 2. I got the local repository stuff working fine, but I am having trouble getting remote working.

I added an SSH key for the repository I want it to use, but the "Push Changes" button was still greyed out. I added the remote URL to the git repository by hand via command line, and restarted GMS2 and "Push Changes" became available, but when I clicked it I got this error:

Code:
Push Error: Unsupported URL protocol
The git URL I provided was as follows:

Code:
[email protected]:[username]/[repo]

Is there an easier way to go about configuring remote repositories without having to add them externally? I feel like I'm missing something.

Thanks!

rIKmAN

I use Bitbucket with GMS2 and it works fine - I never setup SSH or anything though.

I just created the repo on the website, then added my account details to GMS2 Preferences and used "User/Pass Authentication"

Then I checked "Source Control" in the project I wanted to use, chose "Import Project Into Repository" from the newly added Source Control menu and added the URL of the repo.

Works fine so far.

T

tfunk

Hm yes it seems I had better luck with https user/pass authentication than the SSH keys. @gnysek I think you might be right, I probably needed to prefix the url with ssh://.

Thank you both!