• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Gif transparency still available?

N

Nathan

So I am needing to convert some old sprite assets to different sizes because I am scaling my game different, and many were created eons ago when GameMaker 6 could import .gif with the lower left corner of the sprite being the transparency color. Is this still possible? I tried re-importing and the green background won't go away.

....or do I need to delete the green backgrounds and convert every sprite to a .png in order to have transparent backgrounds for the sprites?

Jobo

GMC Elder
There is a color remove tool where the brush, fill, rectangle, circle etc. tools also are. In the image editor, select all your frames then - using the color remove tool - click the color to remove.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
If each GIF contains a lot of frames, other option would be to import it to a GMS1 project (GMS1 still had the legacy option to clear color in bottom-left corner for compatibility with GIFs exported from <=GM6), export a PNG strip (from subimage list window) and import that PNG into GMS2 project.