• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Ghosts 'n' Goblins Style Game

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This game was made in about 5 hours. It is far from perfect, but a nice base that I may expand upon in the future.
Not bad at all, really. The graphics were a bit of a hodgepodge. I'm guessing these were mostly free clipart assets from around the web. But they fit together reasonable well, except for that magic-looking mushroom :p . And maybe the green grass could be replaced with something more appropriate for an abandoned graveyard. But they're fine.

The gameplay was basic and easy to grasp. And the controls were familiar and simple to use -- which is what you want in a browser game. I played the super easy mode and did fairly well. Never made it to the end of the level. But I had fun trying, and I killed lots of zombies. btw, can the ladders be climbed?

The sounds were funny -- did you record those zombie death screams yourself? They're actually pretty good. But gun's boom was good too -- although the smoke effect lasted a bit long, and sometimes I could walk with the smoke hanging around my character.

Despite a few insignificant issues, this is a fun casual game. An excellent job for 5 hours of effort.

Alexx

Thanks for an honest critique.
The ladders are climbable in the GMZ and EXE versions, not in HTML5. I have since adapted my ladder code to correct this, though not yet to this game.