• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Getting pixel distortion with Keep aspect ratio on

Kapser

I decided not to scale my sprites x3 for this project and am trying to find a solution for multiple monitor support.

My game is on keep aspect ratio, not using viewports or cameras, and I want the black bars. I am wondering if the issue is that game maker can't put black bars both horizontally and vertically at same time.

I have two monitors on the same 16:9 ratio, one being 2560x1440, and 1920,1080. However, I cannot find a room size that won't get one distorted. I was thinking that I could make my rooms let's say 960X 398 which works on the most common 1920X1080, however when I do this on the 2560x1440, it will stretch the screen horizontally and get distortion.

My objective is to have big black bars like on cinema, and small as possible on the sides and avoid distorted pixels.