• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Getting "Packages can not be built" error, despite having an active subscription

EhMan

I'm not sure how or why, but it is giving me the "Packages can not be built for the selected platform" error despite having an active Indie subscription. What might be the cause of this?

Have you tried to logout from your IDE, and then log back in? And then make sure you have setup whatever is needed under FILE-PREFERENCES-PLATFORM SETTINGS -(whatever platform you're targeting), and another in GAME OPTIONS (the three dash icon) before building your export.

EhMan

Have you tried to logout from your IDE, and then log back in? And then make sure you have setup whatever is needed under FILE-PREFERENCES-PLATFORM SETTINGS -(whatever platform you're targeting), and another in GAME OPTIONS (the three dash icon) before building your export.
I have tried logging out and logging back in, but had no luck. Not familiar with the options though. I don't see anything relevant about the platform, as far as I can tell.

1634091399582.png

If you've purchased subscription the above should show more than just "OperaGX" and "Windows".
If you really do have subscribed. Try login to here : https://accounts.yoyogames.com/login with the account you used to purchase the subscription which is the same one that you used to login to your IDE (not the forum). Look under SETTINGS - SESSION, press REVOKE. Then go back to your IDE and you should be prompted to fill your login details again.

EhMan

They suggested turning off 2-factor authentication.

That said, now I have this error when I logged off and logged back in (perhaps have it be a different post so people can filter one or the other?) It could be because I decided to upgrade to the most recent version to see if that would solve the problem first.

1634165664817.png
1634165791274.png

Try to reinstall the IDE (do clean reinstall), read the article that I last sent. It seems the Runtime download process got corrupted.

rIKmAN

Try to reinstall the IDE (do clean reinstall), read the article that I last sent. It seems the Runtime download process got corrupted.
It was a known issue on YYG's end affecting some users (me included).
They fixed it this afternoon so OP should be good now if that is the last remaining error they were getting.