• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Getting information from a page and giving information to a page

C

CROmartin

Greetings!

I was wondering how could I import username into html5 game if page contains username information, what are possibilities for exporting username information from html5 game to a page?
How does saving for html5 works?
What are possible solutions for html5 saving?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Martin Starešinčić

BiTrunade

You can create a server side php file that connects to a database and accepts POST requests, ensure that the file returns the information you need (username, etc.) as a json file.

Send a request to that page with GameMaker and you would receive json data, decode them and use them in GameMaker.

Once you want to save, send a request to another php (or the same php file, if you have programmed it to handle requests this way) that will receive the data from your game as json as well, decode them, and update a database with the new data.

I quite didn't understand your question but hope this helps.

C

CROmartin

You can create a server side php file that connects to a database and accepts POST requests, ensure that the file returns the information you need (username, etc.) as a json file.

Send a request to that page with GameMaker and you would receive json data, decode them and use them in GameMaker.

Once you want to save, send a request to another php (or the same php file, if you have programmed it to handle requests this way) that will receive the data from your game as json as well, decode them, and update a database with the new data.

I quite didn't understand your question but hope this helps.
Hi!

Thank you on replay.
You have understood question well, solution is complex as I thought, but I guess it is what it is when sandbox is on.

Regards.