• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GetClientRect failed error randomly.

J

Joshua Romey

Just recently in my game I updated my blood and guts mechanic and everything seems to work fine until randomly my chainsaw now cause my game to freeze and with no error message showing up i have to force close the game. Then in the compiler all i see is a 💩💩💩💩 ton of GetClientRect failed. Im not sure what caused this because when commented out all the new 💩💩💩💩 i added it still happens. Is there anyone who has had this problem before and if so how did you overcome the error?

J

Joshua Romey

Ive been able to track it down to a script where when the chainsaw htis a zombie it will spawn blood but when it freezes there is no blood so i know it isnt ran correctly

scr_blood_chainsaw:
var xx, yy;
xx = argument0
yy = argument1
for(i = 0; i < 16; i ++){
var k;
k = instance_create(xx,yy,obj_blood_small)
k.direction = random(359)
}

obj_blood_small create event:
image_angle = random(359)
image_speed = 0
image_index = irandom(image_number-1)
alarm[0] = random(5)+3
speed = random(3)+3
image_xscale = random(1)+1
image_yscale = image_xscale