• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

get_string_async on iOS

bsabiston

I'm trying to use the get_string_async function to get a player name from the user. But I am having problems. For one thing, is there any way to open the keyboard when you call get_string_async? Right now I have to manually tap within the text field before it opens the keyboard.

Another problem is that if you type something and then tap "OK" in the get_string_async box instead of the keyboard "return key", then the keyboard does not go away automatically.

I found a bug in the YoYo database from 2014 for this problem -- can it be that it has never been fixed? Anyone know a way around this problem?
Thanks
Bob

SnoutUp

Well, I'm currently looking for the solution myself and all I can do is bump this thread and hope someone will know the answer. I really don't want to buy $10 extension only to hide the virtual keyboard.