• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Get Spine examples which will run in GMS2

breakmt

Hey! I wanted to try Spine with GMS2, but I have a problem. I downloaded trial version which is 3.6.49 now and I tried to import to GMS one of the examples (from "Spine Trial\examples\hero\export\"). When I run the game GMS shows me error:

Spine Error:Invalid skeleton JSON: )5~>
unknown Chunk )5~>:1048458537
Failed to load the game
I guess this is because Spine version is 3.6, instead of 3.4-3.5 and examples were saved with recent versions... The question is - where I can get those old versions? How can I try integration with Spine, before actually buy it?

As I understand I can change runtime version in Spine, but only when I buy full version. It would be great If someone could send me examples (or just one) which will run in GMS.

rIKmAN

Hey! I wanted to try Spine with GMS2, but I have a problem. I downloaded trial version which is 3.6.49 now and I tried to import to GMS one of the examples (from "Spine Trial\examples\hero\export\"). When I run the game GMS shows me error:

I guess this is because Spine version is 3.6, instead of 3.4-3.5 and examples were saved with recent versions... The question is - where I can get those old versions? How can I try integration with Spine, before actually buy it?

As I understand I can change runtime version in Spine, but only when I buy full version. It would be great If someone could send me examples (or just one) which will run in GMS.
Are you using the full version of GMS2 or the trial?
The trial doesn't support loading / using Spine files.

If you are using the full version and it's the Spine demo that's the issue, you can try downloading the zip file from this page and importing the Spine demo into GMS2 - the Spine functions are the same so they should work fine when imported.

Spine projects saved with a later version Spine aren't able to be opened with earlier versions due to changes between project files for new features etc, but those demos should be compatible and saved with an older version so you can take a look at the code and files.