• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Gesture Events (bug?!)

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I may be using it wrong but the tap event, in the manual says it has a event_data[? "touch"] variable with which one can detect how many fingers are being used.
I'm trying to detect a 2 fingers' tap (like the right click on a mac).

So the GLOBAL TAP EVENT code is:
Code:
if (event_data[? "touch"] > 0) {
    show_message(...);
}
the message code never gets called... am I doing something wrong?! Or is it a bug?!

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
What are you testing on???

On Windows Desktop we do not support touch events with more than one finger...

Russell

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
What are you testing on???

On Windows Desktop we do not support touch events with more than one finger...

Russell
Ok so no more then one finger support on Windows... sorry!
What about on Mac will that be possible or available?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
No we only support Touch on

iOS
Android
UWP

currently, though we have a roadmap item for supporting touch on Windows Desktop as well

Russell

So if i understand this correctly, there is no current way to test the gesture events that consist of one finger on windows. I would have the use iOS, Android or UWP devices.

dragging is working but tap isnt.

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
So if i understand this correctly, there is no current way to test the gesture events that consist of one finger on windows. I would have the use iOS, Android or UWP devices.

dragging is working but tap isnt.
Tap is working here... and dragging and double tap too... the problem is related to multiple touches.. if you use pinch and rotation doesn't work.

G

Tap is working here... and dragging and double tap too... the problem is related to multiple touches.. if you use pinch and rotation doesn't work.
@xDGameStudios Do you mean that tap, drag, and double tap are working on your touchscreen Windows 8 or Windows 10 laptop or tablet?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
On Windows Desktop then you will only get one single touch (which comes from mouse simulation) we do not support multi touch on Windows Desktop

Russell