Discussion German Help - a better way to translate?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Miradur, May 3, 2018.

1. Miradur

Miradur Member

Hi folks, the bad news first, German help is full of mistakes, well over 1000+, I think.
    The good news is I've started to fix these mistakes using Notepad++.

The first question that arises is this a good way or is there a better way?
    And where can I send the revised files?

Is YoYo interested in it at all and can do something with my work at all (which will take about 3 months)?
    I think that German help is not very high on the list of priorities, but understandable German help could bring new users to GM, maybe :).

Here is the link how it all began:
    https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/german-docs-as-online-version.46393/#post-286207

And here ist the link to the German thread:
    http://www.gm-d.de/wbb/index.php/Th...LE-dürfen-mitmachen/?postID=244689#post244689

Miradur

PS.: I know there's little interest, but first and foremost, I'm doing it for me ;)

2. rmanthorp

rmanthorp YoYo Games Staff Admin YYG Staff

Hey, thanks for letting us know about the German translation issues. If you could please fill a ticket here: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with this information we will be able to pass it onto the correct people.

We are looking to get all the translated docs online and we will have editors and other community members helping ensure they are all good quality so we really apperciate you reaching out. Thanks.

3. Miradur

Miradur Member

Hello YoYo Team, the new update is here and I opened a ticket for it about 2 weeks ago, in which I sent you
    improvements of the German help. I have corrected over 1000 errors again and have now received an answer
    that I do not understand (when I first improved the help, I got no answer at all and the improvements were
    simply included in the last update).
    Now it seems that an answer is expected from me, but I see no question about it.

This is my text sent:

And that's what I got back to you today:

I called the ticket but couldn't find an answer or question. If something went wrong, please tell me what's expected
    of me, thank you.

Miradur

4. Miradur

Miradur Member

Okay, I have now installed the new version of GM and saw that my corrections have been included
    in the German help.
    Whereby the search for "layer" is still unsuccessful, since this search term does not result in a hit.
    But that would be important, please include the following terms in your search:

layer
    ebene
    schicht
    folie

All these terms should list topics related to layer, thank you.

Miradur