• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE German Docs as online Version?!

B

BeautifulPanda_

Hello everyone,
I would like to know if there is going to be an online version of the german help docs for GMS2?
My brother finds them very useful and a couple of people i know have had the chance to finally get to work with gamemaker thanks to the german translation.
Me and others would love to be able to browse those documents outside of the IDE without having to sit infront of the computer, on our phones etc.

I hope you all can help me - i already looked through EVERY file assoicated with gamemaker and their processes, but can only determine that the files are local, but can't find their location.

Thanks, have a great day!

Miradur

Hi, I already had the same idea, but unfortunately I didn't get an answer.
Anyway, there's a dirty trick to getting German help.
Find the hidden folder "ProgramData" on drive C or the file "GMS2_German-master.zip".
Copy it into a folder of your choice and unzip it. The search does not work, however, but you can easily find practically all commands
via the index (also ignore the search field here).

@YoYo-Games
On this occasion, I would like to ask you if you can help with the correct translation in any way. I have already noticed many errors,
because unfortunately many commands have also been translated. It would have been better to translate only the pure text (in the
explanation and description) of the individual commands, since the translation sometimes even completely leverages out the search
for them.

Here are some examples from the mathematics library:

Command.........Translation
choose()............wählen(never translate an command!)
random()............zufällig
sin()....................sünde(its also sin(sinus)) in German)
tan()....................bräunen(Tangens)
lengthdir_x()........LängeDir_x() ... that doesn't make any sense
floor()..................Fußboden ... same here
sign()..................Schild
mean()................bedeuten
clamp()................Klemme
power()................Leistung
and so on .......

Let me know if they can help you ;)

Miradur

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
On this occasion, I would like to ask you if you can help with the correct translation in any way. I have already noticed many errors,
Yes, you can help by reporting these errors. The best way would be to file a bug report from GMS2 (in the Help menu you can find a Report A Bug option), or you can make a topic here with the changes you think should be made (or do both!).

Thanks!

P

Primoz128

Yes, you can help by reporting these errors. The best way would be to file a bug report from GMS2 (in the Help menu you can find a Report A Bug option), or you can make a topic here with the changes you think should be made (or do both!).

Thanks!
Should we also file bug reports for the english docs for simple letter misspells, and grammar errors even though it's mostly one per page ? I have noticed about a dozen errors so far since i started with GMS2 over a month ago... It would take time to find the errors again...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Should we also file bug reports for the english docs for simple letter misspells, and grammar errors even though it's mostly one per page ? I have noticed about a dozen errors so far since i started with GMS2 over a month ago... It would take time to find the errors again...
Yes, you should report any errors like this too when you find them... Preferably only one per report if possible. Thanks!