• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML generate random options dynamically

S

Santiago Rey

So I'm making a simple arcade-style game. It consist on ice cream cones falling and one pressing buttons to make them. I have four "flavours" (colors) and as difficult arises I want them to appear stacked. For the moment just one flavour appear. I tried with draw_sprite() and using de x of the first flavour and the y+n, but it didn't work. Thanks in advance!
from this to this
helado simple.png heladodoble.png

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
If you did that using y+n, shouldn't you be using y-n? how big is your n? Remember that game maker coordinates are from left to right and from top to bottom. Not from bottom to top as is common in most math classes.
What code are you currently using?

S

Santiago Rey

If you did that using y+n, shouldn't you be using y-n? how big is your n? Remember that game maker coordinates are from left to right and from top to bottom. Not from bottom to top as is common in most math classes.
What code are you currently using?
Yeha, I have that in mind.. I tried both ways, same result. The first sprite is 10x10 pixels (centered) so, 5 pixels from the first sprite and 5 pixels from the second it should be y-10. But doesnt work..