• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Garbage Collection' errors on GMS App on Android

M

moltenmurw

I made a game with GMS, exported it to .apk, ran it on my Android 'Google Nexus S'

For now, in the middle of the screen/room is just a circle, cut into 6 slices, like a pizza, each slice a different colour.. When you slide your finger down the touch screen the circle spins clockwise/anti-clockwise.

If the circle is being rotated and then I see this log in the debugger: "D/dalvikvm(247): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1750K, 14% free 14880K/17159K, paused 30ms+15ms, total 230ms"

Then there's a 30% chance it causes a graphical glitch. This entry in the debugger happens a lot, perhaps once every 10/20 seconds - it's random but it's common.

The picture below shows the graphical glitch I'm referring to.
Before and after error, rainbow pizza.png

I've done a lot of looking into GC_ functions (garbage collection) but none is linked to GMS and I can't find any solutions to stop it from happening, it's an older model phone, perhaps that's an issue but it's the only one I have.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, this has halted development for way too long.

Many Thanks!

R

renex

Maybe you're not bounding the rotation to a 0-360 range? This would classify as undefined behavior.