Design Games like mine, in my opinion.

W

Williams Saez

Hed,

I've only done this to tell you, an opinion of mine:

My game is a roleplaying game, but...

I was thinking...

The game witch inspired my game, also a roleplaying one... well... grr...

Yes, it's an roleplaying game, just like all the others in the world. Boring to play, have an atmosphere.

Atmosphere? Boringness? No!

I don't like to have those in a game that makes me have fun.

The most important thing for that, is ...

A game must have... Action!

Yeah! Action! Super movements here and there, by the player (yours) and everthing else, including opponents!
It makes the movement work more!

Well that roleplaying game, also have some parts of action! the battles! with that music! dodge that things of the opponent! enjoy that music! yay!

Uhhhhh yeah!

Well, but there's some parts of my game that, well, lack of action, slow moves, and... ambient...
Atmosphere, darn that!

For some reason, i don't like it, for... no, i've mentioned that before.

Well, but, anyways, a game, for be fun, must have action!

The games are supposed to be for fun, and moving here and there, not for get relaxed on there without moving so much, moving so little, feeling that unnaceptable, darn thing for fun time, called "atmosphere". Grrr...! that!

OFF by Mortis Ghost: An example of that. Just a moment of feel an atmosphere, and... "Playing".

No! Isn't playing! Playing is feeling that fun action! Not get relaxed making normal actions. It's unnaceptable for a game! (Well, it's acceptable anyways, oops! sorry, but, i'm shouting all of this, just because, i like more games with action, not games for get calm and.) It's moving here and there!

Ha! ha! ha! but.

All i've talked about it's what my game will have too. Not that atmosphere, the game's not so calm-like like OFF, just a traditional fun-fun-fun time, making it satisfactory for me, especially.

Well, for making the game more action and fun-fun-fun, i'm thinking about put to the roleplaying game, some platformer parts. Well, as i feel i'm not too good at platformer-level-design, i'm just do all of me.

Well, also fun and action in the overworld! my game's supposed to be so fun, not so calm as OFF.

Fun games like mine are satisfactory for me.

And that's my opinion. What do you think? Do you like more fun action in games than RPG's calmness? Are you agree with me?

G

Guest User

eh, why are you making an RPG if you dislike RPGs so much ... ? and why use a game you find boring as an inspiration for it?

like, ofc your game is going to be a disappointment to you when you hate the very foundation it is laid on.

W

Williams Saez

eh, why are you making an RPG if you dislike RPGs so much ... ? and why use a game you find boring as an inspiration for it?

like, ofc your game is going to be a disappointment to you when you hate the very foundation it is laid on.
I don't dislike them, they're anyways great. But i like to be more satisfed with action more than little moves with games.

Well, actually i liked platformers more than RPGs to now, but my game...

Well, was just inspiration. At the time was playing this game, i felt some kind of... Not so bored. But fine.

And i was having fun with the battles. That are dodging dangerous dings.

Also played a couple of platformers at the time i played that game. (That's because i have the idea of put platformer parts on my game)

More info in my blogs (I need to write all the blogs of my list, first. And translate required, just because i also i like to share it with my relatives, sorry. I need to start on writing them all right now)

M

MishMash

The first and most important rule of game development is to make the game that you want to make. Make a game that you find fun! If you aren't doing that, then it's the wrong approach :p!

As for me, I personally prefer less combat-driven games (depending). When it comes to RPGs, I love character progression, exploration, side mechanics like crafting and trading. For me, I like RPG game's to be the full experience. A game you could sink hours and hours into because there is so much going on and the game world feels alive. I personally love games with a great atmosphere. Generally combat is a bit more of an after thought for me. I don't mind it, but it definitely isn't a core part of certain games for me.
On a similar note, I don't really like combat difficulty in single player games. I enjoy to just play a game through and experience it rather than dying and having to get past difficult boss fights that take me ages to master. I tend to play games in an easy/medium difficulty. Enough so there is atleast a bit of challenge, but not so much that I need to attempt sections multiple times.

Conversely, I do also love online shooters: CoD, Overwatch, CSGO; For these games, the type of skill involved in FPSs is far more appealing to me than knowledge based skill that you tend to need in RPGs. Fundamentally, these games have very simple combat, but a high ceiling for the power of a given weapon being directly proportional to how good you are at aiming.

So in conclusion, I'm not an action junkie, and am one of the people who prefers a calmer game where there is an atmosphere and a world to explore. Action isn't bad by any means, but I personally don't like it to be the only focus of a game. It's fun when there is other stuff to do, or equally, if you can artificially reduce the difficulty of the game by doing tasks outside of combat which indirectly make you stronger, e.g. crafting better weapons

W

Williams Saez

Wow the opening post was like finding/reading the notes In a horrorgame that tell the story of a man fighting his inner demons (and loses the fight)
Horror movies... those where the villians wins... Superhero movies where the villians loses. It gives me courage to lose the villains too, so, it would be better to give them one last chance for win in one ocasion. But not in one where the public gets nightmares, in something else...

Well, that's my opinion. I've thinked on this of what i've wrote here before.

Besides, with all of we talked about this, what i done with my game truely is in my blog, it's avaiable now, but you need to translate to understand... or i'm just going to translate if by myself, but just the most important part related to this subject. It can be seen here: https://goo.gl/jz85w1

Last edited by a moderator: