• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Gamepad, right stick axis not working, Mac GMS2 user.

RossmanBros

I've been implementing Gamepad support into our game and have ran into an issue with the right joystick.

The problem is vertical input on the controller shows up has horizontal values within GameMaker and horizontal input on the controller does not register with GameMaker at all.

I'm using a Rock Candy Xbox 360 controller, which works fine playing other games, and if a bring up controller settings software everything tracks fine on both joysticks.

To test the problem in GameMaker I assigned a variable to the gp_axisrh and one to gp_axisrv, then I did display_text of both. The gp_axisrh variable displayed value's from -1 to 1 when I moved the vertical axis. And the gp_axisrv stayed at 0.

Wondering if anyone else is noticing this problem, or if any Mac users specifically are noticing this problem.

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The fact that nobody else has replied suggests that this may be an issue with the drivers for the gamepad on your system... However, I would suggest that you file a bug with YoYo Games (you can do this from the Help menu in the GMS2 IDE) and supply a link to the project as well so they can look at it and see if they get the same issue.

The problem is vertical input on the controller shows up has horizontal values within GameMaker and horizontal input on the controller does not register with GameMaker at all.
This seems to be happening for me too. Just tested this on Mac.

Pressing up/down on right stick instead gives left/right in game. Pressing left/right gets no result.

Not sure when it started behaving like this as I haven't used the right-stick for a few months.

I'm pretty sure it used to work though.

I'm using the Xbox 360 Controller driver from here: https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/

The driver test screen shows the stick response is normal.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I believe that fix should be in the next update (I am not sure when that will happen for a public release)

Russell

B

BifDog

I still see this issue... has there been a public release since January 11?

I still see this issue... has there been a public release since January 11?
Not that I know of. The Release Notes on the YoYo website says last release date was 13th Dec 2017.

I am soooo ready for another update, BUT, I would rather wait a little longer if it means better QA before release.