GameOver - crash.(Solved)

K

Kenkech

Good day!

I am currently making my 1st game project via GameMaker Studio and I have some troubles with GameOver.

In the game there are enemies who create projectiles with "instance_create(x,y,obj_enemy_projectile)"
In projectile create event there is "move_towards_point(obj_player.x,obj_player.y,8)" so that bullets from enemy go to the player possition

When HP of the player reaches 0 and the GameOver event should normaly started the game gives an error which is adressing obj_player.x and obj_player.y but they do not longer exist(which is why an error occured) cause when player.HP reaches 0 I use instance_destroy() on the player.

I tryed to add player.hp>0 function to the enemy fire requirements so that it stoped fire after player is dead but it just caused error after gameover which couldn't fint player.HP (again cause of instance_destroy() on the player)

Please advice how could I bypass this problem and just have my normal restart page which was working fine before I have added enemy fire with "move_towards_point(obj_player.x,obj_player.y,8)"

Attached pic of code I use for playerDeath, enemyShoot and projectile props to aim player

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

TrunX

instead of checking the hp value of the no longer existing obj_player check if obj_player exists:
Code:
if instance_exists(obj_player)
{
    //Do stuff
}