GameMaker8pro Sonic Game Code Program

S

spaceMoktul

Hello. I begin a sonic fangame alone with some tuto. However, I need some help to code.
I should like change spring with the spring sonic mania. ( sprite)
Spring has 2 sprites, Spring Sonic Mania has more 2 sprite. I have a problem with animation.
How Can I code it?

S

spaceMoktul

Hello; I should like to get tiles flowers animated. How Can I get it ? ( flowers green hills sonic
mania )

S

spaceMoktul

I looked the code : flowers test.

/* Change Flower Sprite: */
switch( global.zone_flower )
{
case -1: { sprite_index = spr_cd_flower_test; break}; /* Test Zone */
case 1: { sprite_index = spr_cd_flower_palmtree_good; break}; /* Palmtree Panic*/
/* case 2: { sprite_index = ... break}; /* . . . */
};

/* Change Speed */
image_speed = 0;
frame_state = 1;
frame_index = 0;
frame_timer = 2;
frame_timer_reset = 2;

I understand it:

/* Change Flower Sprite: */
switch( global.zone_flower )
{
case -1: { sprite_index = spr_cd_flower_tournesol; break}; /* Test Zone */
};

he take sprite in spr_cd_flower_tournesol, with sprite index 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,....

I believe it's variable start to show one picture.

/* Change Speed */
image_speed = 0;
frame_state = 1;
frame_index = 0;
frame_timer = 2;
frame_timer_reset = 2;

conditions to sprite show.

/* Frames: */
if( frame_timer != 0 )
{
frame_timer -= 1;
};
else
{

if( frame_state = 1 )
{
if ( frame_index != 1 )
{
frame_index += 1;
frame_timer_reset = 2;
};
else { frame_state = 2; frame_timer_reset = 20 };
};

if ( frame_state = 2 )
{
if( frame_index <= 2 ) { frame_index = 2 };
if( frame_index != 3)
{
frame_index += 1;
};
else { frame_index = 2};
};

frame_timer = frame_timer_reset

};

the computer read the command line, in the end he show one picture, with new done variable value.

What do you think about.

S

spaceMoktul

i finally found, my flower works like sonic mania. yeah.

S

spaceMoktul

I should like to make spring like sonic mania. I have sprites. I need to change the code. with gmate+. You have an idea.

S

spaceMoktul

I made , sparkle ring. I try to put the monitor broken 2 and 3. I try to duplicate and change the name in the code. I have no worked. Can you help me?

S

spaceMoktul

I change ring sparkle to ring sparkle s mania. I added checkpoint Sonic 1 ( style sonic mania sprite ), + sonic 2, + sonic 3. I added the spring left and the spring right. I made flowers master system and flowers sun , purple.

S

spaceMoktul

I added the score, 100 200 500 10000 ... and the explosion boss effects.

BiTrunade

You can create a topic in the "Work in Progress" forum if you want to keep us updated with the game.

Do you understand the codes you have written? It is important to know what happens behind the scenes and what goes into the code before copy-paste it into your project.

As with what have @Sybok commented, I'd highly encourage you to learn the basics of programming and coding before developing a large project. As ambitious as it might seem it would fall out of balance eventually without a solid foundation of coding and programming.

It might seem daunting but it pays off at the end. Better to see than aided by a shepherd.

With that being said, congratulations on your first project and please move to GameMaker: Studio, starting with GML on the new version is better than legacy ones.

Kind regards.

S

spaceMoktul

I added the monitors Sonic 3 with the monitor broken S3 with sprite remake.

Attachments

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Are you still in need of assistance? If so, please let us know what you need help with. Otherwise, please stop replying to this topic - this is a support forum, not a blog.

S

spaceMoktul

Hello,
yes i need help. I made a Sonic 3 monitor in 2 images.
By duplicating the monitor files already in place and putting the names of the appropriate variables, this does not work. How can I do?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Define "does not work". What is the code you're using, what do you expect it to do, and what does it do instead?

S

spaceMoktul

Hello,
the monitor appears on the screen, the character explodes the monitor by jumping on it in a ball, or in spindash. Sonic recognizes the monitor because he cannot walk through it. the problem, the monitor does not explode. it remains on the screen like a block of stone.

I am on Game Maker Pro 8.

it's c ++ language.

I have duplicated the "obj_monitor_1up" file, "obj_monitor_broken", "par_monitor",
"obj_monitor_1upS3" "obj_monitor_brokenS3", "par_monitorS3".
I create sprite : spr_monitor_S3, spr_monitor_brokenS3.