• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GameMaker work offline ?

gnysek

Kinda.
Does GameMaker Studio 2 require an internet connection?

When you first install GameMaker Studio 2 you will be required to have an internet connection to log into the product and download any additional runtimes. After that you can use the product offline, although you will be required to connect again every few weeks to verify the account using the product. Note, though, that by not being connected you will not be able to access various features like Account Management or the Marketplace, nor will you receive any updates to the IDE or the runtimes.

It needs to phone home, so in that sense, it needs online connectivity. So you can't install it on a PC that can't connect to the internet, but as far as I'm aware, it's possible to use it for extended periods of time (I don't know what the limit would be) without access to the internet. If my internet dies for a period of time, I can still use GMS (in fact, it might be some of my most productive periods). So you can use it without internet access for a period, just not without internet access indefinitely.

Gamebot

Once a month online is the last I knew that was required. However, now re-reading I'm guessing this can mean every two to three weeks. I myself work offline all the time as our internet can be fussy. When it does ask I just connect and type in the credentials and it's usually fine the next time. ( Sometimes this means going into town and going to the library and borrowing their internet. )

I did notice weird quarks where if your "online" then turn off your internet or "offline" and turn it on while loading it can have a fit about wanting to load. Exiting and then starting gms generally does the trick.

Last edited:
Once a month online is the last I knew that was required. However, now re-reading I'm guessing this can mean every two to three weeks. I myself work offline all the time as our internet can be fussy. When it does ask I just connect and type in the credentials and it's usually fine the next time. ( Sometimes this means going into town and going to the library and borrowing their internet. )

I did notice weird quarks where if your "online" then turn off your internet or "offline" and turn it on while loading it can have a fit about wanting to load. Exiting and then starting gms generally does the trick.
I understood,
It's all very complicated, why not make a standalone version right away?
And then once a month the license would be changed.
The Houdini Apprentice version works this way and is very practical in that regard.
Thanks