• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GameMaker Wont Run At All (Windows, GM 2.3)

Onkaw

For the past week my Game Maker programme has not been able to open or "run". I open the programme, it launches with a white screen for about 2-3 seconds then immediately closes every time. In my task manager Game Maker is seen running then disappears. I've re installed and "Fresh" installed about 4 times and restarted. Anything a normal person could think of.
Before bringing my issue here i searched around so i dont inconvenience anyone but nothing, "Known Issues" nothing that relates to my problem, deleting every file hidden/shown that is related to Game Maker still nothing.

I recorded a small video for a better perspective of what happens hopefully answering some questions:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did you perform any changes to your GMS2 installation or your PC as a whole just before this started happening? Something like updating GMS2, updating drivers, installing software, updating Windows, changing hardware... anything like that?

Maybe the log file will provide some hints regarding what's wrong. You can find it under C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\ui.log.

Onkaw

Did you perform any changes to your GMS2 installation or your PC as a whole just before this started happening? Something like updating GMS2, updating drivers, installing software, updating Windows, changing hardware... anything like that?

Maybe the log file will provide some hints regarding what's wrong. You can find it under C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\ui.log.
No no recent updates that i know of was working on a project when it white screened, crashed and now stuck with this.
For the log what am i looking for specifically?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
We don't know what's causing the issue yet, so we can't really pinpoint what to look for. Let's say look for anything that looks like it's not working as intended.

You may also want to file a ticket with support:
Make sure to attach ui.log when filing the ticket. Support can probably gather more information from it than either of us two. :)

Onkaw

We don't know what's causing the issue yet, so we can't really pinpoint what to look for. Let's say look for anything that looks like it's not working as intended.

You may also want to file a ticket with support:
Make sure to attach ui.log when filing the ticket. Support can probably gather more information from it than either of us two. :)
Ye currently looking at it, i've already submitted a ticket but i appreciate the time trying to help. Thanks