• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GameMaker v1.4.1804 Out of Memory Popup

R

Richie Palmer

Gamemaker updated from 1.4.1763.4150 to v1.4.1804 and now I'm getting an Out of Memory popup when trying to run the game inside version 1.4.1804. On the previous version it ran fine in windows inside Game Maker (run the game button). This is really causing me delays, I'll have to look to see if I can download the older version now. I have already tried doing a clean install as per the instructions on the site "How to perform a fresh install". It still gives me the Out of memory error. And there is a crash after that.
Any one had a similar problem going to V1.4.1804.

Thanks

Richie

Attachments

R

Richie Palmer

Any fix suggestions would be great, also does anyone have a link to older versions, I can't find a link for V1.4.1763?

Thanks

Richie

R

Richie Palmer

Just found V1.4.1763 installer on my drive. Gonna try reinstalling that to see if it works.

Last edited:
R

Richie Palmer

I've gone back a version and reinstalled V1.4.1763 and now my project runs in the editor again on windows. No out of memory popup.
So a warning to everyone out there, you might get an out of memory popup on V1.4.1804. I've submitted it as a bug to yoyogames.

J

jackhigh24

my money is on your code, although it could be a bug but very small chance of that, try running your game in the debugger and see what is accumulating in memory, can be something as simple as creating an object without checking if it exists already first.

R

Richie Palmer

Thanks for your response.

Last edited: