• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GameMaker Studio on Mac via Steam

B

BirdNerd

Okay, so I have relatively little experience working with computers, but I wanted to try and design a game. I purchased access to GameMaker Studio 2 via Steam, and installed it to the desktop on my MacBook Pro, and it opens up just fine.
What's happens though, is that I am unable to access any of the items on the Resource tab. I can't open the sprite or room editor, for example. The items are present on the list, but the text is greyed out and can't be selected. Does anyone know exactly why that might be, or have any possible suggestions?
Thanks in advance for the help.

B

BirdNerd

This will sound stupid...
But did you right-click it?
I did just try that. I can right click on the tab ‘rooms’ under Resources, but all other options (‘sprites’, ‘tile sets’, ‘objects’, etc...) are greeted out and unselectable.
Do I have to do something in the room editor before I can mess with anything else?
And again, thanks for your patience.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
They're all empty when you start a new project.
Right click either the folder of the resource or the workspace background and create [resource] from the context menu.

In the tree:

On the workspace:

B

BirdNerd

That sorted it out. Thank you!
They're all empty when you start a new project.
Right click either the folder of the resource or the workspace background and create [resource] from the context menu.

In the tree:

On the workspace:
out