• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL GameMaker Studio 2 Version 2022.1

rui.r6o

you mean, that when writing /// @param variable desc above variable in create event, then it on hover in other events it would show that description? That would be awesome, great idea! I'm also interested if there will be feature like that.
Putting aside seeing variable descriptions, being able to annotate constructor function variables and create event variables can clarify the intended variable type, which is essential for Feather-checked type safety.

Though maybe rather than @param, it should be something like @variable, so that the purpose of both annotations is nicely separated.
If you look at JSDoc you'll see that there is a @member/@var tag available, which I think would convey the meaning better. I also think it would be nice if GameMaker tried using the more "standard" tags rather than creating new ones (like the suggested @variable), since it would make it easier for people that already know JSDoc, it would make it easier to get documentation as you could go to the website linked above for info and it would likely simplify development as a standard JSDoc library could maybe be utilised more fully.